Would you go back and do it all again? The same way?

October 2, 2023

I would. I would do it all again. The very same way.

All of it.

Even the shit parts.

The heartbreak.

The grief.

The difficult moment…months…years.

I would do it all again just the same way. Exactly the same way.

Oh, sure. There are still some things I wish had gone differently. I might have changed how it all unfolded if I’d done something differently.

And yes, I do have a few regrets. But not serious ones. Because I really do believe that this is Soul School and we are here to go through stuff in order to learn. This is the purpose of life, I believe.

And no, it’s not always fair.

Some people go through far more than others. Maybe it’s their lesson to learn. But maybe it’s a lesson for others to learn by watching.

Either way, it’s my belief that we agree to this before we incarnate. We know how it’s going to play out and we agree with the other major players in our story that this is the way it will play out. Even the hard stuff.

Yes, I know this can be difficult to swallow. Because for some reason, we think life has to be fair. Or pleasant for everyone.  I get it.

On the other hand, everything that’s happened in my life has led me to this belief. As a spiritual explorer, so many experiences have reinforced this.

But I can see how hard it would be to believe if you hadn’t had those same experiences.

Although like any decision tree, my life could have gone in many different directions, I can’t even imagine it going a way other than the way it did.

So maybe in another life I’d be a performer. A singer. Write that book. Have children. Live in a commune. Work in Manhattan.


I think of all those things every so often.

Maybe that awaits me in a different incarnation.

And yet, if I could choose? I’d do it all again, just the same way.

How about you? Would you? Why or why not?

I’d love for you to look over my shop this week right HERE.

15 comments on “Would you go back and do it all again? The same way?
  1. Beth Havey says:

    Wow powerful. I would want to have my father who died when I was 3. So much more in my life then or should I say a different kind of life.

  2. Laurie Stone says:

    I would probably do most things over again. I don’t have many regrets. I used to think events happened randomly, I’m not so sure anymore. Interesting theory about pre-incarnation agreements. Just don’t know.

  3. Diane says:

    There isn’t much I’d change, either!

  4. Nancy Hill says:

    I am not sure I could make all the same mistakes going around again. And being here now, it would have to be an alternate timeline, and I think there would be bleed through from this one and this universe/timeline.

  5. Lauren says:

    I don’t have a lot of regrets. But I would say I would do 80% the same and change the other 20%. But then that could affect the outcome. Oh, never-mind. Great post!

  6. Rita says:

    I probably divorce my husband sooner. I got two wonderful daughters, so I’d marry him again to get them.

  7. Jennifer says:

    Interesting thought. My husband and I both agree that if we had met first before we married our original spouses, it wouldn’t have worked out for us. We both needed to go through our bad marriages, learn some lessons, and come out on the other side as changed people. It’s those experiences we went through that brought us to the place where we could be with each other.

  8. Meryl says:

    I would do some things differently, but not major ones. My path would probably land me where I am today, or living life very similar to my lifestyle now.

  9. I would definitely do some things differently. Although many aspects of my life have been fantastic, other things I did were just plain stupid. Just being honest.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Follow Carol


Here you’ll find my blog, some of my essays, published writing, and my solo performances. There’s also a link to my Etsy shop for healing and grief tools offered through A Healing Spirit.


I love comments, so if something resonates with you in any way, don’t hesitate to leave a comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by–oh, and why not subscribe so you don’t miss a single post?


Subscribe to my Blog

Receive notifications of my new blog posts directly to your email.