Sometimes, we can be so taken up with our day-to-day troubles, problems, challenges, that we forget how far we’ve really come. What we’ve accomplished.
Or maybe we minimize our wins. Our greatest hits.
And yet, we all have them. If we sat down to think about it, I’m sure we’d have a long list.
So, why not do that?
Take a moment today and think about all you’ve done. What you have accomplished. Both large and small. Heck, just getting up after a rough night and being fairly functional counts! But I know you’ve done bigger things. And I’ll bet if you listed them, the magnitude of your greatest hits would be stunning.
For example, here’s a bit of my list:
- Moved to a state where I knew no one and had no job, and built an entire career and life there.
- Adopted and loved a number of rescue animals.
- Published a number of personal essays in literary journals and anthologies.
- Do secret random acts of kindness and find a significant way to help people in need every month.
- Wrote and performed parts of a one-woman show.
- Studied and became a past-life regressionist, hypnotherapist, artisan candle-maker.
- Got a master’s degree.
And on…and on. Yep. I’ve got more. How about you?
Open a document, take out a piece of paper or your journal, and make a list of all of your accomplishments, big and small. Don’t stop until you’ve listed every single thing you’re proud of. What you’ve done on your journey.
Hang on to that greatest hits list and revisit it when you’re feeling low. Add to it when you’ve got a new accomplishment. Because I guarantee it’ll help you see yourself more clearly than you ever have. Oh, and I’d love to see a few of them in the Comments, below!
Make someone’s day with one of our gifts…found right here.