Things in Coral Gables are moving quickly. Most everything at M.’s house was sold at this past weekend’s estate sale, and there’s even been some interest in buying the house itself.
At the right price, that would be spectacular. It would allow us a very nice down payment on our California home. M. has to get his realtor in to get the fair market price before contacting the two prospects who’ve already inquired.
M. test drove some SUVs to replace his current one and is probably going to make that decision this weekend. A friend may want to buy his current SUV.
We’ve decided to keep both our sedans and drive them into the ground, we think. He’s got a very nice Volvo, with really low mileage, that we’ll keep in Fla. We’ve got to get that smoke smell out of it, though.
My BMW, also in good shape and low mileage, will go to California and stay at our home there, once we buy one. The SUV is how we will get our pet family back and forth. For two people sans kids, it’s a bit complicated!
Our California realtor, whom we love for her critical eye, much like ours, has found us a house she’s high on. M. noted that she’s not an easy sell, so we are intrigued. The timing just sucks–now that we know we are going to be bi-coastal for a couple years, it makes little sense to buy California quickly. After all, summer is moving on and Florida’s weather will moderate. And we have Italy coming up in less than two months.
Still, if we find a compatible home, we need to move on it while it’s available. We’ve lost a couple of opportunities because of our slower pace. The large menagerie means our needs in a home are specific and not that easy to find. We may zip out there to look at this house after things calm down.
Once everything we own is sold, probably two years, M. wants to re-look at Key West for our second home. Instead of Tampa.
It’s looking like we’ll all be together here in the Tampa house by the end of August.